Always wanted them Jamie Oliver crunchy, fluffy, spot-on spuds? Look no further. Adding a dollop of duck fat will give you that beautiful golden finish. Perfect to impress a few friends around the table.
The Golden Roasties.
Heavenly duck fat
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Parboil the potatoes in salted water for 7-8 minutes until almost cooked (they will still feel firm when pierced with a knife). Drain thoroughly using a colander, then shake the potatoes around a little in the colander until the outsides are roughened. Another trick you can use is to grab your potatoe masher, and slightly pinch each side of the potatoe with it to give it them deep, lovely ridges.
3. Put the duck fat for the roast potatoes into a small roasting tin and heat in the oven for five minutes.
4. Add the drained, roughened potatoes to the tin of hot duck fat, then sprinkle over the garlic cloves, thyme and sea salt and mix until the potatoes are well coated in the fat.
5. Return the tin to the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes, or until golden and crunchy
5 tbsp duck fat
14 medium-sized Anthony's
Potatoes (each about 175g/6oz)
8 garlic cloves
8 sprigs thyme